The Relax Story
Adequate sleep is critical for optimal health, but many people suffer with issues falling asleep or staying asleep due to multiple factors.
About 30% of people suffer from insomnia, chronic inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or achieve restorative, high-quality sleep.
Roughly 20% of the population has excessive sleepiness during the day.
About 10% of the population have Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) or urges to move the legs while at rest.
To prepare for a restful night’s sleep, we developed Relax as a potent combination of high-quality ingredients to work synergistically to help support restful, rejuvenating sleep patterns.*
- All ingredients are non-GMO, vegetarian, sourced from particular species, and standardized to levels of bioactive molecules.
- Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate): helps with conversion of the amino acid tryptophan into serotonin, serotonin then regulating levels of the sleep hormone melatonin
- Valerian root (0.8% valerenic acid): known for relaxing properties and for reducing time needed to fall asleep.
- Passion Flower (as Passiflora incarnata, 3.5% flavonoids): role in reducing anxiety, and helping combat insomnia.
- Lemon Balm leaves (3% rosmarinic acid): shown to reduce anxiety and reduce insomnia in some studies.
- Chamomile flowers: can improve sleep quality, possibly via it’s apigenin component binding to brain receptors.
- Gamma-Aminobutyric acid (PharmaGABA): a major inhibitory neurotransmitter of the Central Nervous System (CNS), with anti-anxiety properties.
- L-Theanine: an amino acid found in green and black tea leaves that promotes sleep and relaxation.
- 5-Hydroxytrytophan (5-HTP): 5-HTP is a precursor of the hormone serotonin or 5-hydroxytryptophamine (5-HT). 5-HT helps promote a restful sleep.